HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR Fond of Jeans CLOTHING
Your Fond of jeans garments are engineered with a variety of materials and fabrics to create the best combination of freedom of movement, breathability, wind proofing, waterproofing and warmth. Each type of garment will therefore have its own requirements. We recommend that you read the care labels inside your garments carefully as this will provide specific information for your product. Below is some general guidance on how to care for your Fond of jeans products.
- To ensure longevity and top performance, make sure you only wash your garments when they really need it.
- Prior to cleaning, remove any detachable accessories, close all fasteners and wash with similar colours.
- Wash your Fond of jeans garments using a non-biological product. Our favourite is Granger’s Performance Wash. Do not use, under any circumstances, biological detergents. Biological detergents contain enzymes that can damage the performance and effectiveness of your product. For example, washing a waterproof jacket with biological detergent may affect the breathability and waterproofness of its fabric.
- Do not use fabric softener, as this can also affect the breathability and moisture management of your jacket and can damage the fibres and colour fastness. Make sure you check the agents present in your current detergent as many contain fabric softener.
- Do not use bleaching agents. Check your current detergent as lots of them contain bleaching agents.
- Please refer to the care label inside your garments, this will provide you with specific information on how to care for your product.
- Do not iron directly on prints, embroidery, badges or reflectors.
- Store your garment once you are sure it is perfectly dry. It might be worth letting it dry naturally for one more day to ensure all moisture has left the garment, especially when storing your product at the end of the season.
- Shirts need to be stored in a dry, aeriated place with room to breathe.